Thursday 9 June 2016

5 Smart Ways to use a Pressed Powder/Compact Powder

A pressed powder is one of the most basic makeup product in any girl's makeup pouch.It is absolutely so versatile and useful.So here is a post about 6 ways to actually use a pressed powder/compact powder beyond its regular use.

1)As an Eye Shadow
Many times, we opt for a matte and neutral eye makeup because shimmer is not always wearable.In case you do not want to use an eye shadow for any reason, you can use a pressed powder shade in the inner one-third of your eye as the lightest shade of color in a gradient eye makeup or a smokey eye.



In place of 


2)As a brow bone highlighter
Believe me when I say this,shimmer on the the brow bone looks terrible, it draws all the attention to itself and makes the eye and lip makeup less noticeable.Using a pressed powder to highlight your brow bone will look more natural and soft.

3)To matte-ify lipsticks
Dabbing some pressed powder onto a gloss finish lipstick will actually make it look matte.Just use a tissue paper and place it onto your lips and use a fluffy brush to apply the powder. Imagine the endless option of finishes you would have if you used this trick.You could also make a lipstick stay for longer by using another coat of lipstick on the powder, since the cream and powder adhere to one another, the lipstick stays in place for longer.


4)For Contouring
Contouring has become a rage and gone.But I genuinely like it, provide it is subtle and not over the top.Use a slightly lighter compact powder to highlight some regions of your face for example, you cheekbones,forehead,chin,tip of your face and so on.Use a darker shade to contour the regions of your face like the part below you cheekbones,jawline,hairline and the sides of your nose to get a slimmer looking face.



5)For on-the-go touch ups
This is one method pressed powders were meant to be used,use the powder with a retractable brush and stay oil free and sweat free all day.Keeping one in your purse is mandatory.

Image source - Google images

1 comment:

  1. I'M TOTALLY FREE FROM HERPES VIRUS
    Herpes is a serious and recurring condition that cannot be cured by drugs or injections by USA Doctors. But the best way to fight and get rid of  herpes virus permanently is to take natural herbal remedies, I red about DR JAMES, the great herbal Doctor, who cures people of HIV virus with his powerful herbal medicine. I contacted him to find out how he could help me and he told me never to be worried that he would help me with the natural herbs medicine! After 2 days of contacting him he told me the medicine is ready and he sent it to me via DHL COURIER SERVICE and it got me in 3 days! I used the medication as he prescribed for me (MORNING and EVENING) and I was cured! It's really like a dream, but I'm so happy! For people suffering from the following diseases Alzheimer disease, Eczema,Shingles,MS,Bullous Pemphigoid,Diabetes, cancer,Pcos, hypothyroidism,vaginal rashes, Herpes, COPD, HIV, arthritis, Hpv, liver disease, autoimmune diseases, Parkinson's disease, Lupus and more should contact him for his herbal medicine, because I am a living witness and I was cured of herpes virus. and DR James medicine is legitimate. I sent him what he asked for and he sent me his medication which I took for 2 weeks and today I am here with a negative result. When I went for the test, I was so happy after I took his herbal mix medicine.CONTACT DR JAMES FOR A PERMANENT CURE Email: drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com
    He's a good man and he will help you

    ReplyDelete